Organic Acid Test
Lab Phone Number: 800-522-4762
Purpose of Test
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates that are produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, or intestinal microbial activity. Marked accumulation of specific organic acids detected in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. The metabolic block may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up or drug effect. Several of the biomarkers are markers of intestinal bacterial or yeast overgrowth.
The Organix® Comprehensive nutritional test profile provides vital patient information from a single urine specimen. This organic acids nutritional test is valuable for determining:
- Functional vitamin and mineral status
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant need
- Phase I & Phase II detoxification capacity
- Functional B-complex vitamin need
- Neurotransmitter metabolites
- Mitochondrial energy production
- Methylation sufficiency
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 status
- Markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth
Cost Price of Test: $322 USD (Please put your credit card number on the requisition. If the price is not on the requisition – please fill in this price). The price is subject to change if you are re-testing in the future. You may not be billed right away for the test as the lab bills on a monthly cycle. This lab also does not provide patients with invoices. The price is subject to change if you are re-testing in the future.
Can I ship my specimen on a Friday?
NO, you must ship your specimen from Monday – Thursday
Do I need to fill out the personal health assessment form?
NO you do not need to fill this form out
My clinicians signature is not on the requisition, is this required?
NO it is not required
Do I need to stop taking any of my medications before I collect my sample?
No please do not stop any of your medications before collecting your sample
My test kit did not have a Test Requisition Form.
You should call our patient care coordinator Marissa at 905-267-8568 for a Test Requisition Form.
Please label your vial with your name and DOB.
Please write your Name and DOB on a piece of masking tape and use that to label your vial.
How to fill out your shipping documents:
1. Commercial Invoice (all 3 copies are for Fedex)
2. International Waybill (Shipping form)
3. Call Fedex at 1-800-463-3339 to arrange a pick up or you can drop off the box directly at a Fedex close by to you. They can help you arrange all the paperwork.