Scheduling & Visits
If you are NOT a New York resident, your initial visit at PrimeLife must be in person if you are a medical patient. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
If you are a virtual coaching client, then all visits may be performed using our secure video channel as the visits are educational in nature only and no doctor/patient relationship exists.
Patients have unlimited email contact with their PrimeLife provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person billable visit instead of responding via email.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an PrimeLife Clinician, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours may result in a $50 charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $100 to the card on file.
If you no-show, you will be required to put a deposit down to secure your next appointment. Your deposit will be credited toward your visit charges for that appointment.
Billing & Insurance
We are available for specialty medical care only. We do not replace your primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of acute requests related to your care at PrimeLife only and are not available to see you for acute conditions such as colds, sinus infections, injuries, etc.
It is important to note the following:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
The cost of any services provided by PrimeLife which are not included in the episode of care fee will be billed to you directly.
Non-PrimeLife medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
PrimeLife will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
- Most lab tests ordered by a PrimeLife physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through PrimeLife.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an PrimeLife doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your PrimeLife physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by PrimeLife, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, including Bioreference, which is a lab often used by PrimeLife Health because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.
Take The First Step On Your
Reach out to our client coordinator, Dori, to see how working with PrimeLife can benefit you.